Skip to content

Checkvist Web

Welcome to Checkvist official feedback forum. Do you have an idea on how to make https://checkvist.com more usable? We want to hear from you!

Checkvist Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

112 results found

1. Mostly I like the "Close parent task when the last child is closed" option, and I have it set. But there are a handful of items in my Projects list that I would like to remain open even when all the child tasks are completed. Usually these are higher-level project "areas" rather than specific projects. I'd like to be able to designate certain items as "permanently open" without losing the overall functionality of "Close parent task when the last child is closed" on the others.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Generate a webform with request for completion verification (checkbox or text) for some or all items.

This could be insanely useful, but I can see it taking a lot of resources to implement.

Once again, great work on a good and very clean useful service.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, Brennan, I think this request is out of the scope of our tool. It is possible to create some outline with tags and have some external tool which would convert it into some form you need (from OPML export file, for instance).

But it is definitely not the core functionality of the Checkvist.

3. Is there any plan for providing an on-site version of Checkvist? I work for a software company that deals with live Internet core security issues, and would love to use Checkvist to track progress on all the different issues we deal with. However, we are forbidden from posting security-related information externally.

My company would pay for an on-site version of Checkvist and maintain it ourselves (we have a dedicated internal operations group just for that purpose). Has anyone else made a similar request?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A user preference that would set all newly created tasks to default to ASAP for due date would be helpful. I have posted a separate request for the ability to search for any tasks that do note have a due date. This would provide that functionality by allowing me to search for all ASAP items and adjust as necessary. It might be easier to implement than a search engine change.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "finish X from last tuesday" gets turned into "finish X from last ^tuesday" and rendered as "finish X from last [tomorrow]". I couldn't find another way to stop the ^ so I misspelled tuesday.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a possibility to put negative operator before tag in search bar, for example "!#job" will filter out any tasks with #job tag from your list.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When making a list public, Checkvist creates a URL like http://checkvist.com/checklists/ListID-ListName

However, in reality the ListID is enough to access the list, like http://checkvist.com/checklists/ListID for example http://checkvist.com/checklists/123870

I believe this can be a security problem. When trying to share a list with people not on Checkvist (for which I also support this idea http://checkvist.uservoice.com/forums/2121-general/suggestions/2758040-share-via-link-with-a-password ) I would like to be able to provide a non-guessable URL, like http://checkvist.com/checklists/123870-78632yrkgwe098r7oqwegoew76r87weofydgckawujf yet this makes no difference! Try it and you will see that you get to the same list irrespective of what is after the dash.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t consider this a bug. We never mentioned that list ID can be used to hide a list, via “security by obscurity”.

So, if you make a list public – it is indeed public.

Title part in the URL is for informational purposes only, not for security or anything else.

8. The attribute value is not terminated correctly when double quotes are present.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'd love the option to switch back and forth from a "list" view to a "mind map" view-see https://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/download/attachments/6947310/bubblus_bubbl.us.jpg?version=1&modificationDate=1238890761000 for an example. This would let me have different views of the same data, which would be really useful depending on whether I'm brainstorming or editing.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow editing, tagging and everything that can be done in a list to be done in due tasks view as well.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I love Checkvist and use it every day. But $30 is just a little more than I'd like to pay every year--though the service is fantastic. I'd like to support Checkvist, though! How about a $15/year price for a non-Pro, but still contributive dollar-wise, subscription? It'd compete, for example, with Toodledo's $15/year price for Pro.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. this feature wouid let me hide any task and its subtree for 'x' days. this is a very useful feature that i have been desperate for in todo list systems for a long time now. lets say i have a 50 items todo list

item1
    item2

now if item2 has dependancies wherein i have sent an email to someone to get something done, and i know that person will take atleast 4 days then for the next 4 days i dont want to see this item in my todo list and after 4 days it should reappear at the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am not able to find all tasks that i have assigned to Steve in all my lists. For example using a query like "@Steve" in a global search doesn't return any result

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great to have column support. Even greater if the columns content could be costumizable (spreadsheet-like). See Omniutliner example to see what I mean. This desktop outliner doesn't have any real competition, unfortunately. But Checvist couls be its cloud rival. It misses some formatting but, especially, the column options.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have created multiple tasks across multiple lists and assigned several to have color: 1. Searching within a single list for color: 1 works as expected. However, searching all lists for color: 1 does not find all of the tasks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It loses the url when submitting, which might be most annoying if someone happens to type the url by hand, but even so, it shouldn't happen. Browsers render img src without quotes.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have tried important at the top level of the list (without selecting any tasks to import information under), and the website says that the import is complete, but the information does not appear. If I then select an existing task level under which to import the text, then the text appears immediately. Is this a glitch (should the tasks appear at the top level of the list as the confirmation message at the top says?) or is this a system limitation (i.e., you cannot import at the top level of the list)?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Having made a public list, it is showing my e-mail address, and sd shows who last updated the tasks. (email address)

Isn't this a bad thing, spammer wise?

If it is showing id instead of e-mail list, I've been forced to use my e-mail address as my id - different places want id vs. e-mail, and it became too confusing to use and share with in any other fashion than using e-mail addresses as id's. e.g. Sharing a list.

On a public list, this information should be obfuscated.

Perhaps clicking on the obfuscated text one could get a note to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?