Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kirill MaximovAdminKirill Maximov (Admin, Checkvist) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

columnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumnscolumns

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love an implementation like moo do does it!!! (https://www.moo.do/). You can add as many columns as you like (panes) and shift items easily from one pane to the other. It really adds another dimension to an outliner, as you can use it for a kanban board. (Thanks for the css hack that Kirill posted recently! But a full column implementation would be awesome and increase the possible use-cases (= potential users :) )

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even a simple column implementation would be much appreciated. Like 1 or 2 columns right-justified.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Columns would be great. If columns were added, it would also bring a whole level of functionality as utilized by Ecco Pro (a 90's Window's outliner/PIM that still to this day has a strong following).

In Ecco, (which is in my opinion the right way to implement this), a "column" is a representation of a "folder". "Items" (e.g. a line in an outline) can be added to any number of folders, thus when the folder is shown items in the folder are shown. Columns can be added to any "view" (e.g. an outline view that Checkvist currently has), and columns can designate the "field" (e.g. a piece of data such as a date, a checkbox, a word, a selection from an enumerated list, etc.) which ties the item into the folder. It's a real powerful way of approaching an outline, having items be a part of folders, and folders being able to be viewed as columns in a standard outline view.

If you need to check it out in practice to understand how it could be structured/coded, try the newly written 64-bit installer for Ecco Pro: http://www.compusol.org/ecco/

Feedback and Knowledge Base