How can we improve Checkvist?

Keep it simple!

You have an excellent product that is fast and simple to use. Everyone will have different ideas on how to improve it (time tracking/project management etc) and I hope these get added but please make sure that at it's heart the product remains a fast and simple way to administer hierarchical lists. I have rejected so many other products because they take so long to do simple tasks which is where your product excels! Keep up the good work!

190 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    adriandaveyadriandavey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    sashikaAdminsashika (Admin, Checkvist) responded  · 

Dear Adrian, thanks for giving your vote to this issue! We’ll try hard to keep the user interface simple – promise!

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KimonKimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll second this. Checkvist’s minimalistic interface is, hands down, what sets it apart from every other outliner out there.

• Gordie SandsGordie Sands commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simple is good; less is more. Workflowy has a much nice interface, if we're being honest -- clean, spare, without extra text and icons on-screen to detract or distract from the actual list items themselves. Too many features just get in the way of real and true productivity. I like the extra features, but if they get in the way of usability, then, well, they don't get used. 100% support for the keyboard interface is key for this reason: it implements the feature set without complicating the look/feel of the UI. Keep it up! Many thanks.

• James SJames S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please do this. i have tried *every* to-do list manager out there and you guys have nailed it. quick, simple, keyboard shortcuts, with hierarchical lists the you can collaborate on. it's absolute genius so don't kill it for glossy features (not saying you will, but always a risk..)

• Jonathan KolodnerJonathan Kolodner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed- this is a great simple way to manage tasks- the issue is extending capability without changing the interface. Don't add features, add to core function.

We don't need a blasted ribbon bar, or more tertiary options, we just need our primary tools to be more available (more devices and integrations into things like gmail calendar, offline mode) and consistent (same color-setup on tags on published lists as when you view them when you're logged in, for example).

Keep up the good work!

• netaisllcnetaisllc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@sashika, isn't that what you get paid to do??? :)
        Seriously, you two are doing an awesome job evolving Vist. Many thanks.

• AlcidesAlcides commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have experience in the development of this kind of solutions (SaaS on Web 2.0) and the risk of loosing the focus is always present. Please KEEP IT SIMPLE! :) Thank you for the excellent product.

• dashakoldashakol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm 100% agree. In fact I believe that optimizing the simplicity is the most important factor that determines the usability.

• Raj PatelRaj Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. I would love to see many of these features implemented, but none are a deal-breaker. I spend several months trying to find a good task organization app, gave up and started to build my own. That stopped once I found Checkvist and I am sure that I've found the best way to keep myself organized.

Feedback and Knowledge Base