(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminKirill Maximov (Admin, Checkvist) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dashakol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! it's amazing. Just now accidentally pressed shift+down arrow based on habit and multiple task was selected ready to delete, copy, cut etc.
        Very cool please keep on.

• AdminKirill Maximov (Admin, Checkvist) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the comment. We understand that this feature is important for you, but we cannot promise we'll implement it soon - we're focused on the mobile app as the next big thing now.

Thanks again,
        KIR

• Matthew Barr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I was curious if there was any movement on multiple selection. My company loves outliners and Checkvist is the top contender, but we move groups of things around our tree constantly, and a lack of multiple selection kills the workflow. We have no need to use most actions (assignment, etc.) on a grouped selection: just copy/paste/delete and tabbing up and down the hierarchy.

• AdminKirill Maximov (Admin, Checkvist) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Joe,

Unfortunately, we don't have estimation time for this feature yet. In fact, our estimates are rather inaccurate anyway.

Personally, I'd be glad to see it implemented in this year.

Regards,
        KIR

• Joe Lancer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love Checkvist!!!

Can you advise where this enhancement currently stands in your backlog?

This is fantastic tool for Scrum teams.

Multi-select copy and move within a list would add loads and loads of usability.

Keep up the good work.

@bhavintu Thanks for the feedback! Your suggestion is quite reasonable, copy/cut/paste are primary candidates for multiple selection operations.

One of the reasons why we delay this feature is that Checkvist has much more actions, which could be applied to a selected group of tasks. Implementing multiple task selection for all such actions is much more complicated and time consuming.

But probably, we'll try adding multiple selection support incrementally :)
        This request is a good candidate for the next big iteration.

• bhavintu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the only reason i use evernote and editplus (text files) in wiki format as outliners is the lack of multi select. the ability to select a bunch of adjacent rows and move them all at one go to anywhere else in the document is crucial. is there any update on whether this feature is making it anytime soon. the way i would see it work -

* shit+down/up to select multiple rows
        * ctrl+x or shift+del to cut
        * ctrl+v to paste below the destination

• greenbox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

multiple selection (shift+pick, ctrl+pick), drag and drop (and cut and paste) within and between lists...

• Bjarke Ebert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another suggestion for multiple selection: Both FreeMind and CoMapping have support for inserting a new parent node. I think it is Ctrl-Ins.
        Example:
        A
        . B
        . C
        . D
        Now select B and C, then Ctrl-Ins to create a new parent node of B and C:
        A
        . new
        . . B
        . . C
        . D
        This is great for quickly grouping a subset of nodes, instead of creating a new parent and then moving each child manually under the new parent.

• J R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, actually the mm feature does part of what I was looking for - don't know why I couldn't find it or make it work before! :-) I will leave my earlier comment but am changing my vote as this no longer is so important to me now that I have been using "mm". The new issue you mention below sounds just like the existing "copy" function to me.... is there a difference?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base