Calendar/iCal integration for specific Lists/Branches/Nodes
I manage many different projects with Checkvist, most of which are sub-nodes/branches of a main list (to keep list management sane).
As such, a single global iCal feed of all tasks in all lists can easily have too much "noise" to be useful for visualizing due dates for a project on a calendar.
It would be fantastic if we could generate an iCal feed for a specific list or branch of a list. Then, only the sub-tasks of the selected list/node with due dates would be displayed in the calendar.
This would make Checkvist's calendar integration much more usable.
We would really like:
- a calendar view (or the current "Due" grouping) for an individual list. Or the ability to filter the Due view for a specific list and/or tag.
- and the possibility to sync this list (or the filtered due view) to Google Calendar/Outlook. A simple 1-way ics would do just fine.
Crispin Bennett commented
I have too many dated tasks in Checkvist for them to be practical on Google Calendar. I have Checkvist configured to make the 'all day' tasks (there's no relevant time), but that just makes for an unwieldy top row on my calendar.
I'd like (for example) to sync my bill payments due times, but not a daily reminder to exercise my broken ankle.
Ideally there would be some way to limit which tasks were sync'd with gcal. I'm a bit neutral on exactly how to apply the limit, perhaps something like:
- only sync tasks with a specific tag
- only sync tasks on one list
- only sync tasks with some (new, added) smart syntax
(I almost hesitate to ask this just after you've implemented Google Calendar 2 way sync so nicely. But don't ask and you don't get ...)