Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminKirill Maximov (Admin, Checkvist) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • András Novoszáth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Used in the browser, the mobile app does not seem to support any keyboard shortcuts. I still sense a need for offline mode. :) Say, in the form of a chrome/chromium app?

• Umar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys,

Is this still alive, do you plan to support it in near future?

Thanks.

• Cris Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's one example of something that crops a lot on slow connections:

- 'll' for new list
        - type a few letters of known list name (eg. 'inb' for 'inbox')
        - hit enter (muscle memory), not noticing that lists popup hasn't populated yet

The result is a new unwanted list called 'inb', that must now be deleted, and the whole process started afresh. This is only one example: many other unwanted events crop up when attempting to rapidly perform a bunch of operations on a few list items.

I suspect offline support is the answer to this, but might be mistaken.

• Cris Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't trawled through all the comments here to see if this point has already been made, but one of crucial advantage of offline support is reducing latency on slow connections.

I live in rural Australia, and under our corrupt alliance of an explicitly anti-tech/science regime and abusive monopolist telco, must suffer ADSL speeds often as low as 100kbps. This makes Checkvist unusable for anything extensive, forcing frequent reversion to a local text document. Offline mode would obviate much of this.

• Edo Amin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add another aspect to this request. I actually do like to have online access to the data, but I like to have full control over it, and that would be the result of a Checkvist "offline" mode. Checkvist seems GREAT and totally worth the money as a task outliner, but I don't like that part of the package is that I must use Checkvist's CLOUD. Perhaps I prefer the data to be hosted in Dropbox, or in my private cloud NAS. Also, when I am in my SOHO (which is most of the time) I do not see any reason to have my projects online. I actually found Checkvist when reading reviews on Todo.txt, a model that has no online mode, only offline mode.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bump. Seriously folks, you don't need to solve the world here as a first step. Just provide basic read only offline support.

• Rodrigo F. Souza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Offline support has a tremendous value, for any kind of device, even laptop. Having this feature will definitely beat Workflowy

Please provide an estimated ETA when I can use this product offline on Windows 8.1

Having offline capabilities is key to using this product. I'm willing to pay for it!

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Checkvist is awesome, but it's useless on an ipad. Neither the regular site nor the mobile site are even partially usable.

Please add a basic offline version.

• Gordie Sands commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Checkvist is a great app, and we want to use it all the time!! So offline support would be invaluable.

Offline support is most important with mobile devices; my laptop is connected to the internet probably 99% of the time via wifi, so I agree, this should be implemented in a native mobile device app (both tablet and phone).

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very good work. Checkvist is a really fast tool, intuitive... In my opinion, almost perfect. However, I miss the possibility of working on the lists when you are offline.
        I hope this comes soon!

@Kirill, OK, if offline access is to be delayed for PC-based use, how about providing automatic/scheduled exports as an interim measure?

It's certainly a poor alternative to having full offline access where updates can be made and synced once reconnected, but it's better than finding you can't access your latest tasks at all.

So could the user choose to have an 'export' / backup emailed every x hours, for example? Assuming emails are accessible offline, that would be useful, or perhaps a user could apply an email rule to forward these backups to a cloud service such as SugarSync (or Dropbox, if it offers that facility).

Please consider, but please do look at full HTML5 offline access for non-mobile users as soon as possible, and then you'll be way better than the competition! Thanks.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base