How can we improve Checkvist?

link to evernote

ability to linke notes with evernote would be great, this would allow to link all kinds of external documents to a task or checklist

78 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    thomaszahr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Troy Christmas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Checkvist already integrates with Evernote using TaskClone (https://www.taskclone.com). TaskClone takes Evernote checklists or note titles and sends them as tasks to Checkvist. The resulting task has a link back to Evernote (web and/or app links).

You can see a comparison of TaskClone vs. Zapier vs. IFTTT at http://support.taskclone.com/article/88-compare-taskclone-with-zapier-ifttt-and-evernote-reminders

• SteveTheOcean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Evernote is superb at organizing heterogenous information. It's not so great at lists (or tables).
        Checkvist is the best list organizer I've ever seen (and keeps getting better).

They don't fit together as well as I'd like, though - as Jody Botham says I'd love to see checkvist directly integrated into evernote especially with the orrline usability of evernote.

I have a couple ideas I'm kicking around which I'll write about later - mostly involving directly integrating a specialized web browser right into evernote.

• Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@klw it's not nearly as fast and intuitive as checkvist. If Checkvist could replace that awful sidebar in evernote it could gain enough of a following to replace evernote altogether.

• klw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's easy to link to Evernote. Just open the Evernote Notebook or Note you want to link to and copy the URL, then paste it as a task or note in Checkvist. You can store all your project reference and checklists and so on in EN, and see them with one click from within CV. The only (very small) drawback is that the URLs are ungainly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base