Skip to content

Checkvist Web

Welcome to Checkvist official feedback forum. Do you have an idea on how to make https://checkvist.com more usable? We want to hear from you!

Checkvist Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

464 results found

1. The "right arrow" shortcut comes to a dead end when it reaches a note. Shouldn't it continue through the notes and down to the next item, like "down arrow" does?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When not editing an item, Alt+Enter adds a new item above the current one. Pressing Enter while editing a new item saves the item and adds a new item below. I'd like to have a keyboard shortcut for saving a new item and adding another above.

Use case: I'm using a list for keeping track of to-dos, which is sorted from newest-to-oldest. It's useful to have this shortcut when adding multiple items in succession.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please consider a "tag:any" search option so that users can search for any tagged item in a list. One of the use cases for this feature request is for list items that move between states by way of tags, i.e. initial state may be #new and then the item is re-tagged as #processing, or another example would be who the item was parked with like #steeringcommittee or #dev or #testing or #UAT.

Viewing all tagged items in one list would allow users to re-tag the state of multiple items without the need to return to the tag list over and…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When several people work simultaneously on the same list, UI updates but with a noticeable delay, about 10 seconds. It would be nice to work collaboration more instant.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Not sure if this is already possible: I'd like to be able to import or paste items with links. The Checkvist link structure ([link: ] is fine for most purposes, but when I paste in text from other web site with links, the links gets lost in Checkvist. Is there a way around that now, or could there be?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm using Checkvist for logging my activities over the day. Currently I create in my log list a new entry with the current date and then add my activities as subentries. However, this makes it not possible to search through my log efficiently, e.g. something like "show me all activities in the interval <start date> to <end date>" or "show me everything that happened in November". I don't want to use due dates for this as my activities would show up in my todo list. What would be great if there is something similar to due dates (simple timestamps, inserted…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Similar to the Stick Header/Toolbar request. I would like to see a feature to make the right side quick reference toolbar sticky when scrolling. I'm loving the app, but I would like to be able to glance over for quick tips as opposed to entering the ? menu.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Seriously, what task list doesn't have a numbered priority setup? Without it, Checkvist is a dinosaur on steroids, an extremely high-quality archaic listing system. To make it more of a project management tool, a basic requirement is to have the ability to add numbered priority that will show as a bolded smaller number to the left of each task line, and to be able to show a non-destructive "sort" by priority number, without affecting any colored tasks. Along with this is the need to recognize that color is not always used for priority. I use color for other reasons, such…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great if Checkvist was available in IFTTT as a service

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Given that default export is Markdown, import from Markdown is quite natural

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We need to be able to sort by a priority number, or other criteria, as non-destructive, meaning if the list is refreshed, the original order (prior to sort) is established. This would infer that the sorted list would be read-only and would have to have a "Edit (Original)" button.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I didn't notice until today that you can estimate tasks using #30m etc. Awesome! But how about showing the total estimate for the day in the Due tasks search? I like to divide my day up into a certain amount of time for different lists (Work, Home, etc) and having the total amount of time for the day under each list would save lots of time of adding it up manually.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. An audit trail of status changes to a task would be very useful. Dates of creation, modification, completed, reopened etc, just the dates, even without the actual content of modifications.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Kirill, I'm finally adding my idea from the post at https://checkvist.uservoice.com/forums/2121-general/suggestions/116119-multiple-undo-s

Apply Undo to every action, and state the action being undone in an overlay like you see when you delete or import tasks.

An example from something that's affected me would be to undo changing the order of nesting of items. On complex lists, it can be nearly impossible to deduce the previous context of an item accidentally moved.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create a new "Priority" color that indicates an informational item, like light grey.

I often create a "task" to keep a group of notes together that can't be forgotten. Often times this is just informational data for projects. When prioritizing tasks the informational tasks look like everything else. A subdued color would visually indicate to me the item is not a task, but only informational.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. First sorting criteria is by due, of course.

Then, should sort according to the order of tasks in the list when grouping by list is enabled, or should sort by updated_at when the grouping is disabled.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Although Checkvist Bookmarklet does provide the basic feature, it lacks polish. When I want to save a bookmark, I want saving it for later to be as friction-free as the Pocket Chrome extension.

With Pocket, I click the Pocket logo (effectively a button) and it saves the url to Pocket. One click and done. No thought required. A popup then appears allowing me to add tags, if I want.

With the Checkvist Bookmarklet, I see the icon in a similar spot (to the right of my address bar), however, clicking it does not save the current page's url to Checkvist.…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I know Checkvist already has support for specifying the time estimate, but it would be really cool to track actual time spent on a task. Alternatively, it would be equally cool to have estimation of number of pomodoro sessions required for each task, and then actual tracking of the pomodoros.

Why I think this will be useful for others? Checkvist already is the best tool out there for the divide-and-conquer strategy for getting stuff done. Pomodoro or time tracking will take it to the next level of enabling focused work, which pomodoro seems to help with

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have tasks due ASAP included when filtering for
    "due: Current Week"

Also seems like it should show up when filtering for
    "due: Tomorrow"
    "due: Current Month"
    and maybe also when filtering for
    "due: next Week"
    "due: next Month"

I could see why some might not want it showing up when filtering for next week or next month, etc. but if a task is due ASAP then definitely it is one of the tasks due in the current week.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?