Checkvist Web

Welcome to Checkvist official feedback forum. Do you have an idea on how to make https://checkvist.com more usable? We want to hear from you!

How can we improve Checkvist?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Searchable timestamps for, e.g., log entries

I'm using Checkvist for logging my activities over the day. Currently I create in my log list a new entry with the current date and then add my activities as subentries. However, this makes it not possible to search through my log efficiently, e.g. something like "show me all activities in the interval <start date> to <end date>" or "show me everything that happened in November". I don't want to use due dates for this as my activities would show up in my todo list. What would be great if there is something similar to due dates (simple timestamps, inserted…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Keyboard shortcut to save new item and add another above

When not editing an item, Alt+Enter adds a new item above the current one. Pressing Enter while editing a new item saves the item and adds a new item below. I'd like to have a keyboard shortcut for saving a new item and adding another above.

Use case: I'm using a list for keeping track of to-dos, which is sorted from newest-to-oldest. It's useful to have this shortcut when adding multiple items in succession.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sticky the Quick Reference

Similar to the Stick Header/Toolbar request. I would like to see a feature to make the right side quick reference toolbar sticky when scrolling. I'm loving the app, but I would like to be able to glance over for quick tips as opposed to entering the ? menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to display priority as a numeric value IN ADDITION to color priority.

Seriously, what task list doesn't have a numbered priority setup? Without it, Checkvist is a dinosaur on steroids, an extremely high-quality archaic listing system. To make it more of a project management tool, a basic requirement is to have the ability to add numbered priority that will show as a bolded smaller number to the left of each task line, and to be able to show a non-destructive "sort" by priority number, without affecting any colored tasks. Along with this is the need to recognize that color is not always used for priority. I use color for other reasons, such…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Non-destructive, read-only sorting.

We need to be able to sort by a priority number, or other criteria, as non-destructive, meaning if the list is refreshed, the original order (prior to sort) is established. This would infer that the sorted list would be read-only and would have to have a "Edit (Original)" button.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. IFTTT

It would be great if Checkvist was available in IFTTT as a service

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix setting that should filter out tasks from archived list for the calendar export

When I try to export my tasks to Google Calendar with the help of "Send to Calendar" button on the Due page Google shows the events from the archived list even when the checkbox "Include due tasks from archived lists" is unchecked.

The URL for the calendar contains the correct boolean value though: `include_archived_lists=false`. I assume the app just ignores the param right now.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Daily estimate totals on "Due tasks" screen

I didn't notice until today that you can estimate tasks using #30m etc. Awesome! But how about showing the total estimate for the day in the Due tasks search? I like to divide my day up into a certain amount of time for different lists (Work, Home, etc) and having the total amount of time for the day under each list would save lots of time of adding it up manually.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Easy bookmarking to list during web browsing

Although [Checkvist Bookmarklet](https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/checkvist-bookmarklet/pheahjlflgbnajeilgglgcdlbkdckamf?hl=en) does provide the basic feature, it lacks polish. When I want to save a bookmark, I want saving it for later to be as [friction-free](https://www.uxpin.com/studio/blog/kill-friction-before-it-kills-your-ux/) as the Pocket Chrome extension.

With Pocket, I click the Pocket logo (effectively a button) and it saves the url to Pocket. One click and done. [No thought](https://www.sensible.com/dmmt.html) required. A popup then appears allowing me to add tags, if I want.

With the Checkvist Bookmarklet, I see the icon in a similar spot (to the right of my address bar), however, clicking it does not save…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow multiple undo for all actions

Kirill, I'm finally adding my idea from the post at https://checkvist.uservoice.com/forums/2121-general/suggestions/116119-multiple-undo-s

Apply Undo to every action, and state the action being undone in an overlay like you see when you delete or import tasks.

An example from something that's affected me would be to undo changing the order of nesting of items. On complex lists, it can be nearly impossible to deduce the previous context of an item accidentally moved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Identify tasks vs informational items

Create a new "Priority" color that indicates an informational item, like light grey.

I often create a "task" to keep a group of notes together that can't be forgotten. Often times this is just informational data for projects. When prioritizing tasks the informational tasks look like everything else. A subdued color would visually indicate to me the item is not a task, but only informational.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sorting of tasks on Due page is unclear

First sorting criteria is by due, of course.

Then, should sort according to the order of tasks in the list when grouping by list is enabled, or should sort by updated_at when the grouping is disabled.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pomodoro and time tracking

I know Checkvist already has support for specifying the time estimate, but it would be really cool to track actual time spent on a task. Alternatively, it would be equally cool to have estimation of number of pomodoro sessions required for each task, and then actual tracking of the pomodoros.

Why I think this will be useful for others? Checkvist already is the best tool out there for the divide-and-conquer strategy for getting stuff done. Pomodoro or time tracking will take it to the next level of enabling focused work, which pomodoro seems to help with

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Start Date

I want to mark a time to Start working on a task and get notified when it's time to start.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ASAP

Have tasks due ASAP included when filtering for
    "due: Current Week"

Also seems like it should show up when filtering for
    "due: Tomorrow"
    "due: Current Month"
    and maybe also when filtering for
    "due: next Week"
    "due: next Month"

I could see why some might not want it showing up when filtering for next week or next month, etc. but if a task is due ASAP then definitely it is one of the tasks due in the current week.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. An option for "local number only", when using "list style" = "Numbers"

For deeply nested lists, the number becomes unbearably long:
    "1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.4.7. Football"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Insert Link+ Google search

Hello,

In Google Docs, when select a text and insert a link,
    it does a google search and shows a pop-up with the top-three results,
    which is what we want anyway more than 90% of the time

I demo this awesome feature here
    https://www.useloom.com/share/510d6103ce5f4c79b4418aab99ed3c84

Would love to have this in checkvist

This can be done via the Google Search API (https://developers.google.com/custom-search/json-api/v1/overview

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Filter by several words should work across item path

I.e. for the structure:

- A
    --- B
    ----- C

Filter by "A C" should match

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create Tag Calculation for Prices

It would be nice to have a price\cost calculation just like the time calculation (progress counter). We could use a specific tag like #100$ or $100 in each item, and the sum total would appear on the parent item.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Checkvist Web

Feedback and Knowledge Base